Friday, October 4, 2013

Enough

     Earlier this week I asked for prayers. At that time I had received 2 calls from Jaxten's school. Two separate kids on two separate occasions were causing problems for Jax. I just received another call. I didn't really want to post anything to elaborate on it, but I just don't know what, if anything, I should be doing about it. 
     The first call, which came Monday, was about a kid in his class that threatened to shoot him. My first thought was that they are just First graders, the kid probably didn't mean anything, and I kind of felt bad for him. Luckily though, the boys go to a great school where accusations like this are taken very seriously. The principal assured me that this matter is not to be taken lightly, as we don't know if the kid has access to weapons in his home. We can't just dismiss it as it's "just kids being kids," and then something really does happen. The kid was suspended, and a report turned in to the resource officer. Like I said before, I felt bad at first, but then Jax told me this kid tends to have a lot of anger issues (those are my words, not his.) I hope the suspension wasn't just free time for the kid, but that he is getting help. I can hope right...
     I received the second call Wednesday. A kid on the playground kicked Jax between the legs and hit him and one of his buddies. According to Jax the kid came pretty much out of the blue and had no reason to do it. I spoke to the principal and he even says that Jaxten had done nothing to provoke it. I'm not sure what punishment that boy received, but I got another call today saying that the same boy tried to choke Jax in the bathroom. He is in a different class (he's also a First grader though) so them being in there together was just a coincidence. Since this is the second time this boy has done it the principal is considering him a bully. He has been suspended and his bathroom privileges have been taken away. He can only use the bathroom in the principal's office!  He has also contacted the resource officer about this child too.
     Jaxten, so far, has acted like it's been no big deal. It just kills me though. So far, I think the school has done everything correctly, even taken measure farther than I would have thought. I can't be at school with him everyday and protect him from every little thing, but how do I keep sending him not knowing what might happen next? I'm just not sure how I feel about all this or what I should be doing about it. I mean, what can I do?


P.S. The kicker is that I have been at the school every day this week, except Monday. I was there helping with the vision screening for 3 days, and today I went up at lunch time to give Jax a breathing treatment! Not one time did it happen while I was there though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment